Updated: Sep 6, 2020
The UK has introduced temporary COVID-19 rules for Tier 4 student visa applicants. These updates set out temporary policy changes for Tier 4 Sponsors, Tier 4 students and short-term study students in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. The updates will all be kept under regular review and will be withdrawn once the situation returns to normal.
Key Changes For UK Tier 4 Student Visa Applicants:
· Students who withdraw from their studies as a result of COVID-19 will be discounted from the sponsor’s data in future Basic Compliance Assessments.
· Where it is no longer practical or safe for a student to submit documents in person, it is acceptable for a digital copy such as a photograph to be provided and kept on file.
· If students are required to take a SELT, but a test center is unavailable, higher education sponsors with a track record of compliance will be able to self-assess students as having
a B1 level of English.
· If a student is unable to return to the UK due to COVID-19, their T4 visa will not be withdrawn as long as they continue their studies virtually.
You can apply for a Tier 4 Student visa to study in the UK if:
· You are 16 years of age or over
· You have an unconditional offer for a place on a course
· You can speak, read, write and understand English to the appropriate level
· You have enough money to support him/herself and pay for the course
· You are from a country that is not in the EU or Switzerland and meets the other eligibility requirements.